Monday 16 January 2012

In March last year I entered a film competition run by the TUC to make a film underlining the impact of the government austerity cuts. Despite being titles the TUC 60 Seconds Ad Contest we actually had 90 seconds in which to make our point. My original edit was almost a minute longer than that, and considering the whole thing was conceived, written, produced and delivered inside 48 hours, I think we did quite well to edit it to the required length, and we won the competition.

That was in March last year, and since then it's been seen tens of thousands of times on YouTube, on giant screens in Hyde Park, at the Trade Union Congress and at all types of other events the world over. For almost a year now I've been promising the father and daughter team who star in the film - Tom and Isabelle - that I would get round to re-editing the full length version for them - and here it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment