Monday 9 January 2012

Two Paragraphs

I’ve decided to keep a blog. Having recently discovered that a policy of honesty and truthfulness gets you nowhere in life I’ve decided to keep a blog as a way of editing my existence into bite size digestible pieces of semi-fictional short narrative, wherein my life will be edited to appear much more glamorous, humorous and interesting than it really is.

I won’t launch into an essay about who I am or what I do or how I think or what I believe, like those people who you meet who just can’t wait to paint you a verbal self portrait of themselves, all that will unfold to us both eventually. Maybe. Actually, I’m not really sure why I’m here at all. Ego probably. And now I think of it I realise I haven’t given any thought at all to why I decided to write a blog anyway. It’s an impulsive thing, you know how it goes, sometimes you have the sudden urge to create, to write, but rarely does that line up with the moment you’re sitting in front of you laptop with no deeds to do no promises to keep, in the zone, a bit spaced yet strangely focused. And the next thing you know, you’ve completed two paragraphs in the time it would have taken to speak them, you’ve completed two paragraphs and then you’re committed. And I’ve just reached that point – here it is now, the end of the second paragraph.

There’s no turning back now. I’m committed.

No comments:

Post a Comment